Re: where's the Scenario?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:47:18 -0000

Jane Williams:

> And does anyone actually use pre-written scenarios, as
> written?

Heck no :) My current online campaign (thunderclan.yuku.com) uses published Heortling scenarios, but mutates them to fit the clan, and whatever else may be going on. For instance, we're doing Chasing Kites at the moment... and not a kite in sight!

My face-to-face campaign (www.ttrotsky.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lunar/) pinches material from further afield. The last few scenarios I ran in that were Shadows Over Bögenhafen and Terror in Freeport - when your scenario isn't even written for Glorantha, adaptation is kind of a must!

Give me the outline of something and I can twist and mutate it into something that work for me. I could probably even mutate it into a written scenario that would work for other people's groups. But coming up with the basic outline (when I haven't got existing PCs to riff off) seems a tad harder. Dunno why; didn't really used to be.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic