Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:32:58 -0000

Yes. Usually a -3. They can never learn the 'tricks' of Feats.

> score at a penalty. Devotees don't have to take the penalty when
they
> roll, and they can even increase their score in an individual Feat
> (raising it above the parent Affinity's score), correct?

No. Feats can never be learned individually like that. You know it or you don't. A few folks here think that you should be able to get very good with a specific feat but that's not the standard ruleset.

> So would the reason that you only get one Affinity from a subcult
be,
> that you already have that Affinity from your association with the
> aspect? Orlanth Adventurous already has the Movement affinity, so
you

Er. No. I suggest re-reading the section of Subcults. However, you get the subcult's affinity as an addition to the base two provided by the aspect. The subcult is the 'face' of the aspect you find attractive. Just as an aspect is the facet of the Great God you find most suited.

> don't take it again as a member of Destor, you just use the OA
> Movememnt Affinity?

You don't GET it again as Destor. If you look at the Affinity as printed in the book it says 'Movement FEATS' not 'AFFINITY. These are additional feats that Destori _devotees_ of Orlanth A get and that Niskis, Finovani and all the OTHER subcults of Orlanth A DO NOT get. But conversely, a Niskiss devotee of Orlanth A gets the highly useful 'leap through window' feat for his Movement affinity.

Naturally, a devotee could and would improvise other feats, adding them to his repitoire. And, I'll admit that looking at the other subcults for 'cool feats' is a perfectly valid thing to do. (Heck, I do it myself)

Hope this helps?

Jeff