Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:36:08 -0600

Jeff Kyer says to

Guy Hoyle:
>> 2) Minar's brother Morgan decides to initiate to Niskis the Lover,
>> which provides the Affinities of Sensuality and Movement, and Finovan
>> the Raider, which provides Raiding and Combat. Both are subcults of
>> Orlanth Adventurous; are they considered to be members of Orlanth
>> Adventurous, too?
>
>Yes. He would have to choose one as his first initiation. The other
>would be an additional subcult (as covered in the example and rules). If
>he were to devote, he would devote to ONE or the OTHER and would get the
>requisite feats for the 3 affinties (2 aspect, 1 subcult)
>
>You cannot devote to an entire aspect. He would be a devotee in
>Nisskiss (and get all the listed feats) and an initiate in Finovan (and
>just get the Raiding Affnity without any feats -- he would also not get
>the special feats of finovan either in Movement/Combat)

        I assume he could improvise those special feats, though, with no additional penalty, just as if he were a simple initiate to OA/Finovan.

Peter Larsen

P.S. Managed to get TR Tuesday. You'd think a store in Texas would get it

before stores in Scotland, but apparently we're off in Ralios or something.
Perhaps our clan chieftan pissed off the Issaries merchants or something....
	Anyway, I like it a lot. It's a good snapshot of a culture, warts and all.
The mix n' match approach to cults was a little bewildering at first (as this thread attests), but I think I'm getting the hang of it. There's a lot to digest; it should keep me chewing until the next book....