Re: Re: status of hq publications

From: Viktor Haag <viktor.haag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:23:17 -0500

On 20/02/2008, Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_...> wrote:

> How much more expensive is the hard copy? The creative costs (writing,
> editing, art, layout) should be the same either way. How much does
> printing cost? How about distribution? I've never had anything to do
> with any published work, so I only know the "economics 101" basics here.

There's plenty of good information about these topics amongst the indie-rpg community. I would suggest that anyone interested in the numbers behind this topic poke around among the articles and forums at The Forge: < http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/> and maybe also the Story Games forum: < http://www.story-games.com/forums/>.

I know that there exist articles which examine this topic in pretty good detail, but I have no precise URLs to them in my bookmark list, as I read them and moved on.

--
V.