Re: PDF versus books

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:09:58 +0000 (GMT)

> I will say one thing for books - pdf's ar every
> handy I 'spose, but a physical product can be sold
> or traded when one no longer has any use for it on
> Ebay etc. I bought a lot of my old RQ stuff second
> hand, and a pdf can not be traded the same way.

That's a very interesting point. Usually one thinks of e-media as being vulnerable to piracy, but the new PDFs are protected. (Possibly that protection can be broken: I don't know, I've never tried). And you can't sell PDfs on Ebay - piracy is assumed, you can't really claim you've deleted all your own copies without proof. There should be a legal way round this, but I can't see it at the moment.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html