Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:36:33 -0800

> > What we did rules-wise with the Aspects and Subcults was to split up
> > the
> > affinities: An Aspect gives two affinities shared by all the subcults
> > under
> > it. A subcult provides one affinity, but may *also* provide aditional
> > Feats
> > for affinities from the aspect.
>
> I'm not sure I really understand this. If you get a Movement affinity
> from an aspect and it's subcult, coiuldn't you just improvise any

In this particular case (Orlanth Adventurous) you get the Movement Affinty from the Aspect, and Bonus Feats from the subcult. You don't get a full Movement affinity from the subcult.

> Movement-related feat that you want to, from the Aspect's Movement
> Affinity? In other words, why wouldn't a worshipper of
> Mastakos/Orlanth Adventurous be able to improvise a Lift Object with
> Winds feat (a Destor Movement feat)? It seems like this is potentially
> abusive, but where should you draw the line when improvising feats?

Sure, any Adventurous devotee can improvise "Lift objects with Wind" using the Movement Affinity, but everyone but Destor gets hit by the Improvisational Penalty. If you are a Destor devotee, you don't have to improvise "Find a way" and "Lift Object with winds", they are added to your list of feats for the Movement affinity.

RR