Re: Re: What's The Story? Under the Red Moon Challenge

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:07:11 +0000 (GMT)

> You folk are amazing! And consumate roleplayers all,
> you are building on
> each others stories. I can only do the same...

That's what Glorantha is all about :)

> That, together with my obvious
> limitations as an artist, .....

"obvious"????

BTW, does this mean that the "armour" is due to what you had available, rather than being significant in its inadequacy?

> Yes, I was
> thinking of a Boldhome mansion (the open sky through
> the window).

Right.....

So, Kallyr is in Boldhome, and with a Sartar symbol on open display. "Risky" is putting it mildly. Who or what could host such a meeting, in Lunar-occupied Boldhome?

Whoever it is has money, we've already established that. So it isn't the Kheldon manor building. I can think of two options for someone who has money yet supports Sartar without being "dealt with" by the Lunars, and which one I'd pick to work with would depend on the players I needed to fit to the story.

One is a powerful Earth priestess: Ernalda does not come under the same ban as Orlanth. She's used to controlling men by the fact that they're generally terrified by Earth powers and Dark Earth in particular. Needless to say this doesn't work too well on Kallyr (at least, not openly), and she appropriated the Scary Chair for her use as soon as she arrived. The owner/hostess is fuming silently, and may well be the third person being addressed.

The other thought is that the host could be a Lunar who's been converted? Yes, a long shot I know, but Kallyr can be *very* persuasive when she puts her mind to it.

Why Boldhome? Why not have the meeting almost anywhere else? Something to do with the Flame, perhaps? Though how that links in with grain is beyond me. Come to think of it, I wrote a story over Xmas
http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/12daysofstories/storyday10.cfm that had Kallyr in Boldhome for ritual reasons, and "are you out of your tiny mind???" would have been fair comment. But I can't link that to this in any other way.

Maybe the host of the meeting, or the person she's come to meet (may not be the same!) can't leave Boldhome for some reason? Or could, but refuse to, and are important enough that she's willing to risk it...

>I had envisioned the spilt wine to be important.

And you think it's wine, not blood. OK.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
More Ways to Keep in Touch. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html