Scoured augments (from HQ rules - Equipment)

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:34:41 +0100

Hey all. Long time.

Brian brought up 'scouring'.

I am playtesting a way of using augments that naturally reduces this 'scouring'. This was not invented to address the 'scouring problem' but it does have an impact, we have found.

Augments have to address the Goal. That's it.

Not merely 'help the Main Ability succeed in the goal' but 'help me towards the goal'.

This has lead to narration-led augments and made it clear to players that their narration of the outcome should contain their augments.

Imagine a narration that contains the number of augments typically gained through scouring?

hth. Sorry for the dashed off explanation, questioners welcome.

p.s. sorry if this excludes sim players: happy scouring guys ;)