Re: Re: is there anybody out there?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:24:01 -0700

> We spent the longest time playing HW and HQ wrongly and against design -
> we

Well, as to that, I view HW/HQ as similar to PERL's philosophy that "There's no wrong way of doing it" (as long as it works). If you want to chain the results of simple contests instead of running an extended contest, feel free. If you want to stat out each weapon with its own bonus instead of the generic table of +1, +3, +5 weapons, go ahead!

As far as at least *one* of the designers goes, you have done nothing "against design" as long as you're enjoying the game that you're playing.

RR