Re: Re: Vinga's Skirts

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:52:28 +1100

Jane Williams:

> John Hughes is probably the authority these days.

No. I'm just one more voice at the moot.

Vinga is obviously one of the more complicated HW cults. She hasn't been officially explored as a cult before, though many people, notably Jane and David Dunham, have made substantial contributions that are reflected in many of our campaigns.

HW cults take a more social approach than the individual-centred RQ writeups. When you think of Vinga's multiple roles: as goddess or as cult hero, as Female Aspect of Orlanth, as Gateway for women into 'male' realms, and as Thunder Brother, there's obviously a lot going on.

I think the diversity of worship and the variety of regional traditions and local subcults will be a key part in understanding Vinga in Hero Wars. (Obviously, this also helps explain our many campaign variations). This is true to a certain extent for all cults, but IMO critical for Vinga.

Not so long to Storm Tribe. Doubtless Issaries will have a few surprises for us all.

John