Re: Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:21:41 -0800

> All right, this is obviously something that confuses me greatly. When a
> devotee wants to use a listed feat, he gets it at whatever his Affinity
> score is, right? Is it only the listed feats? I thought he'd get
> improvised feats at the same level, but I'm beginning to think I'm
mistaken
> here (I thought only Initiates get penalized when they improvise a Feat,
> for some reason).

You are mistaken.
If the hero oesn't know the feat (ie, it's not on the character sheet), then he has the same Improv. penalty as an initiate when tries to do it.

Initiates get penalized every time they use the magic because they don't know *any* feats; Devotees get penalized if they don't know the specific feat (they use listed feats at full Affinity rating.

>Would he have to cement an improvised feat to get it at
> the same level as his Affinity?

Yes.

RR