Re: Re: Public relations

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:10:57 -0700

>After all, what Christian does or does not do really is none of my
>business.

Sigh. It *should* have gone without saying that we don't need cracks about each other's religious beliefs, either.

So here we go: Don't knock anyone else's religious beliefs. I don't care if you are Christian, Taoist, Buddhist, Moslem, Shamanic, Jewish, Flying Spaghetti Monster-ist or nothing at all; leave your religious beliefs on *your* side of the keyboard.

And while we're at it, leave differences in ethnicity, sexual preferences, educational level, wealth, etc. over there as well.

There is a certain amount of decorum expected on this board. These "rules" are not written down in the bylaws or code of conduct or constitution of the list, they are simply part of "polite conversation". We don't use swear words here, or insult people, or tell them to "shut up". We don't belittle people's experience, or their questions. We encourage them, guide them, and give them examples.

RR
Still wearing my moderator hat.