Tales from the Firebird call for contributions

From: Newt Newport <mrnewt_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:35:13 +0000

Hi

Bolstered by the success of Hearts in Glorantha (issue2 out now http://stores.lulu.com/d101games), I have decided with Mark's permission to do a similar magazine called 'Tales from the Firebird' for Mythic Russia, which will be published by my D101 Games. I'm aiming to do at least one issue per year minimum, more if the idea takes off and I get enough submissions.

Like HiG each issue will be 'Themeless' although if we get a couple of articles along similar lines that will be the 'Feature' for that issue. So write what ever takes your fancy and not worry that I'll turn you down on the grounds that it doesn't match this issues (or the next's) Theme. Also don't feel that you have to write a long article, short articles of one or two pages are just as good.

Articles/Scenarios should use the HeroQuest game system as presented in Mythic Russia, because the aim is that someone who has picked up the core rule should be able to use the magazine's contents straight away. So no articles detailing how you would use Savage Worlds to run a Mythic Russia game.

I've already some material for the first issue lined up, Hanseatic League homeland and a scenario by CJ Bowser and the two part Claws of the Wolf scenario (with Teutonic and Lithuanian pregens) which I've previously ran at conventions. Its my hope that it will be out by Easter. Although this gives a slightly Baltic flavour, please don't let this put you off submitting articles about other areas covered in Mythic Russia.

Authors
First off write a short synopsis of your article, five hundred words maximum, and send it to me. Then if I like your idea I'll ask you to submit the full piece.

Submissions should be in Microsoft Word, rich text format with plain formatting. By all means include a formated version to give me some idea of how to lay it out, but I must also have the plain text only version. Artists
Submissions should be 300dpi images. While I accept unsolicited submissions it is also useful to contact me before hand to see what is planned for the next issue. If you are interested in doing a full colour please get in touch :)

Copyright
Copyright remains with the author/artists. What this means that you are giving me permission to include your work in the 'zine, . I however retain full copyright of the physical/electronic medium which is the 'zine (the way I've laid it out and produced it). This means that you can ultimately republish your contribution in any form elsewhere, such as an expanded version in one of Mark's BBC supplements, but what you can't do is cut and paste the article as it appears in the 'zine or post a pdf of a scan of the article in the zine without my permission.

Payment

All contributors will receive a copy of the issue that their work appears in.
Deadlines
For submissions is end of March, since I'm hoping to release the first issue just after Easter (end of April).

--
Toodle pip!

;O)Newt