Re: SUBCULT CONFUSION!

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:49:47 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > I have a question also. What (apart from Narrator fiat) stops any sort
> > of devotee of Orlanth from improvising "Lift Object With Winds" from the
> > Wind Affinity and then cementing it with a HP?
>
> Same thing that stopped them in the past: nothing.

Oh. Ok...

I like the style though. I don't exactly run my Glorantha with vanilla HW, and this let's me have an idea what the subcults and aspects magic is like. Thank you!

> > The diversity of magic in the separate aspects and subcults is neat,
> > but
> > it suffers a bit if any Devotee of Orlanth or Ernalda can basically
> > improvice & cement any of the feats listed if she/he want's it, and
> > furthermore anything at all that falls under the Affinities?
>
> We didn't change that part of the rules - you could always
> improvise/discover a feat and cement it. If you have a bonus feat from your
> subcult, you start off *not* having to improvise/cement it.
>
> RR

Alright. I suppose narrators that wish to limit the improvisation of feats have more use for the various feats in TR. At the very least they give ideas.

        -Adept