Re: HQ 2

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 19:48:42 -0000

Chris Lemens:

> I was wondering how this was going to work. I'll say it worked very
> well in the two games I played at Tentacles. Instead of the hunt for
> augments that did nothing for the story, every augment had a reason
> and a story result. So, I like it. The best part is that a grossly
> failed augment attempt is as much fun as a critical success.

In the two games of it I played (at Tentacles and Continuum, both last year), I found that the "freshness" requirement was sufficiently distracting from the story that it was at least as bad - and probably worse - than the old hunt for augments. Which made it harder to judge how the one-augment-only rule would have felt as the only change.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/