RE: Re: HQ 2

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:59:10 +0100

>From my reading, "illuminating character" as one of the tests to ratify the
inclusion of an augment in the narrative benefits the audience by introducing an aspect of the hero concerned or by further developing something already enjoyed in previous episodes.

I think the word "character" pertains to the hero's character.

The example in HQ has one of the two heroes being inspired by a speech revealing his father's love prior to facing nearly certain death in the gladiatorial arena. We glean from this example that the ability "Love For Son" is revealing more about the relationship between the two.

It's not about helping another player to succeed in the dice roll; it's about what the audience finds out about during the conflict.