Re: Augment timing

From: Jamie <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:22:36 -0000

-Matthew:
> Yep, I think we agree here. Keep in mind though, that some augments will
> have no effect in the game world until the augmented ability is used.

I think this is just a matter of narrative style, I would tend towards each contest being discrete in the in game world timeline, so inspiration based on a relationship would potentially be a moment of mental preparation and reflection before the main contest.

I prefer this mainly because I want the augment to be a contest that has equal weight in the storyline: it happens even if the main contest is not as expected. And so, even if the bonus is not utilsed or a loss in the main contest seems to negate the augments purpose, at least the augment contest had some meaning in and of itself.

Jamie