Re: Re: So what do you think of the new rules?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 18:15:55 -0400

Soren,
 I too am torn about the Augment situation.

One thing I've noticed is that the shift to the 5-point resolution and the augment limits seem to have removed even more tactical effect from contests. My gut tells me it has gone too far, actually. I will have to play it out and see, however. I suspect I will put tactical thought back in by using situational modifiers. Given that Augments are steeped towards always helping, having additional attempts to help be less certain might be good.

Overall I really do like the new approach to the rules, though.