Re: Re: So what do you think of the new rules?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:38:42 -0400

Kevin McDonald wrote:

>The way I look at this is that the one augment limit only counts
>toward *player* initiated augments. If the Narrator chooses to bring
>up a prime augmentation opportunity halfway through the contest then I
>would definitely allow the extra augment roll.

That's an interesting interpretation.

>For that matter, if I
>have a villain threaten the PC's loved one it is *because* of the
>augment opportunity! Passions can't receive too much focus, if you ask
>me.

Well, yes, there is that.
I am a big fan of such things.

Oddly, the first thing that leapt into my head as an example was a scene from the 80s cartoon "Galaxy Rangers".
I must be in a nostalgic mood.

I am tempted, although I don't have time, to write up the climactic Death Star run in Star Wars by way of the new rules for extended contests.

In short, I'd like to see different ways people would recreate it rules-wise.
About the only thing I am certain of is that Han pulls an Assist at the end. (I suppose you could argue that he just takes out a follower, too. Either way, his move lets Luke win, and the Narrator tags in Vader spinning off into space as a consequence of the win.)

The question I have is whether Ben urging him to use the Force is an augment or not. I'd think the PC would have already pulled in an augment from something else, but I'm not sure what. (R2 seems a follower.) Anyway, it's one of those exercises that can be useful, or might just appeal to my idle brain.

LC