Re: Air-related birds (was Associating runes with affinities from ol

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

Stew says:
> I really can't believe no-one's given the obvious answer. (They're associated with Air. Fractious blighters.)

Cool, a guessing game. Problem is you live in some horrible cold place where bird from around here would freeze.

I'd say mockingbird. http://www.birdminds.com/Mockingbird.html Mocking birds a loud and, during check-raising season, very territorial. I regularly see them chase hawks away. When a hawk once landed on our fence, a mocker dive bombed it for over half an hour. I once saw two mockers near kill a rattlesnake by dive-bombing its head. So that's my nomination for fractious-bastard birds.

Chris Lemens