Re: Re: The Race

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:46:40 -0500

*nod*

I do think the dark horse needs to be in there, though. It feels right given the tone. It is, of course, primarily about Kris vs Lilly. I like the suggestion of just having "rest of the pack" as the other contest, with the dark horse as the winner should they fluke to a win.

I will cogitate some more. It might be worth (especially for this particular race) to make it mano a mano with narration determining if they get in each other's way enough for a dark horse to sneak in. (I can always add other actual rivals later as the story evolves if it makes sense to.)