Re: SuperHeroQuest

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:04:44 -0500

Gavain Sweetman wrote:

> The way I see most superheros, at least those in comic books is that
> their powers come as a package and remains fixed. It is the other
> stuff that seems to mature and improve not the super powers. So I
> would represent the differences as masteries so spiderman may have
> Strong 10W2 whilst Hulk has 10W4. Meaning that in a pure strength
> battle Hulk will pound spiderman, though he has a wider range of skills.

But why, in HQ2, would you go with the mastery difference to begin with? The system isn't a power-scale. I mean, you can shift it to that to make it work that way, but it seems counter to the core rules concept.

> I could see setting up a game with your own superheroes where you get
> a package of super powers.

i.e. a keyword.

> Start them all at 13 and then give them masteries to add to the
> powers, say 5-10.

I suppose it is a way to do that, but then it just turns masteries into a straight measure of power.