HQ2 Adepts

From: Yasha <yasha_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:10:18 -0000

I'm trying to get my head around the HQ2 Gloranthan magic rules. So far the divine magic and spiritist rules in the Core Rules seem ready to use, but I have questions about applying the wizardry rules.

Now orderlies and liturgists follow the same rules as for adepts. So is it correct that liturgists are limited to four blessings and/or curses until they obtain one mastery? This seems to place parishes with inexperienced clergy at a disadvantage compared with HQ1 rules, since the Abiding Book and similar scriptures (now grimoires) have a wide variety of blessings and curses.

Also, now orderlies and liturgists travel to the Other Side to obtain new spells? I'm guessing that instead of looking like an act of ceremonial magic, this would be within the context of a religious rite during a church service or a ceremony at an order's lodge.