Re: Celibate Vingans?

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:39:17 -0000

> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>

> They aren't giving away their fertility. They are deciding not to have
> children _yet_.

I think when I wrote the myth for this, I had Vinga deciding not to have children "until there is peace". Which I then defined as the Orlanthi "never" :)

But I gather that these days, ordinary Ernaldan women have access to reliable contraceptives, which they didn't when I first wrote Vinga up. So yes, Vingans can have fun with as many men as they like without getting pregnant, but there's nothing special about it.