questions on examples or generators for monsters/npc/items, in Glorantha and other settings

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:26:48 -0800 (PST)

I have not purchased the HQ2 rules book yet and have questions that I didn't see answered in the previews, or at least I didn't understand the answers if they were there. Maybe these should be in separate posts...
  1. If I tried to put together a series based on the Glorantha setting, would I have enough in the book to let me quickly come up with, say,a handful of Broo to menace the local farm? An example band or some sort of generator to let me know what sort of values for abilities might be appropriate? If Broo are too crazily varied, how about a pack of wolves? Typical file of Lunar legionnaires? etc. How much would I need to cook the balance on my own or rely on old stuff?
  2. If I tried to put together a series based on, say, gangster movies, would I have to make up the values for things like cars and guns? I think I understand the idea of resistances, but some sort of credibility frame would be great.
  3. Is all in-house development going toward producing material for Glorantha?