Re: Re: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes vs the other published material

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:24:17 -0500

Osentalka wrote:

> > I sometimes think Glorantha would benefit from a "re-imagining" along
> > the lines of BSG. :-)
>
> I like the series very much... the 1978 series that is.
> I am not interested in the new stuff.

Heh. I am fond of both, actually.

> Same thing for Glorantha.
> I like my Glorantha as it is (developing, finding more details, etc is
> great... but a re-image? no thanks).

Eh. Having glanced at some old books, it seems it clearly gets reimaged piecemeal all the time. (We call it "Gregging", I believe.) In fact, from what I heard, ST and TR were exactly that, a massive re-imagining of the Heortlings of Sartar. (Gods got changed, added, etc.)

I think a wholesale "we are not beholden to the archaic lore of old" would be useful. In other words, if it was printed before "x" it doesn't have to apply, even if we might draw on it for official canon in the future.

But that's just me, and it has little to do with HQ2 rules. :)

LC