Re: question on Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes - examples/generators for NPCs there?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:25:23 -0500

 Hmm... There are no stats for NPCs. Period. Full stop. As someone else mentioned, there is a scale of difficulty of resistance and you judge what the difficulty should be according to your story.

This doesn't mean it is all arbitrary. You can (and should) have an idea of what something can do.

For instance, knowing that a File of Lunar soldiers is trained, disciplined, and composed of veterans with flying magic gives you an idea of what they can do. If your story credibility requires that three heroes should not DREAM of taking on an entire File in straight combat, then make sure to make it REALLY hard to beat them in straight combat. But there are no fixed numbers.

OK, you've established they can't beat them straight up in a fight. How hard is it to escape them? Sneak past them? Figure it out by Pass/Fail or some other criteria that makes sense to you. You don't need stats for their spot ability or such (and won't have them either).

Does any of that help?
LC