Re: Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:25:11 +0000

Osentalka wrote:

> "Jeff" <richaje_at_... <mailto:richaje%40gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >> Well, I feel the same about the "don't make me play in a way I feel
> >> uncomfortable with" part.
> >> We just differ on what we find comfortable. ^_^
> >
> >People can certainly play HQ2 with lists (it is expressly contemplated in
> >the core rules). However, just don't expect to see any in any of the
> >Glorantha HeroQuest books.
>
> That was not what i wanted to suggest with my last email.
>
> I just wanted to make clear that SOME gloranthan (or other setting)
> specific
> keywords need explanation by the GM/narrator OR that a list might be
> helpful
> to get an idea what the keyword is all about.

In fairness, IMO the descriptions of the keywords in KoH aren't too bad at doing that. I'd prefer it if they had used a list (which obviously won't happen), but failing that, the descriptions we have are as good as you're going to get.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/