Re: Keywords only, or additional list of abilities?

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:23:49 -0000

> As I have mentioned before, lists of abilities as examples of "things this might let you do" are tremendously effective at communicating rich sources <

So is a prose description

> easily referenced summaries - like the old abilitty lists.

But this tends to limit thinking to that list.

I've not yet had a problem with a newbie from showing them the text description and saying 'riff off that'. I have had problems with newbies and the ability list approach feeling that this is all the can do. Precisely as you point out, because gamers are conditioned to think that way about lists. Changing the frames of refernce forces a new approach.