Re: Bleedin' BGs

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:47:25 +1100

If BB Gor was born 'dead' and is Dark Earth, then perhaps Devotees lose their fertility and cease menstruating altogether. Blood, especially menstral blood, is seen mythically as either taboo and polluting or sacred and associated with life and fertility. I think Ernaldans are definitely in the second category, so it seems a bit inappropriate for BB Gor.

We seem to have a couple of alternatives:

I mention the third because I see something child-like in the all-consuming rage and fury described in BB's mythology, and in her single, all-consuming focus. Born from a dead mother - alone and angry. But perhaps I'm over-influenced by Kali-Ma. I realise there's a danger in mis-interpretation here, so I 'll present it tentatively to see other folks reaction.

Cheers

John