Re: What are you doing with HeroQuest?

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 08:05:40 +0100

In message <DE2150DB-6F75-4813-B153-3FF3E9C6CE40_at_...>, David Dunham <david_at_...> writes
>On 7 Sep 2010, at 10:02, Kevin Blackburn wrote:
>
>> Errr ... still on Hero Wars here, give or take. Running a campaign that
>> just celebrated 10 years of running and 294 sessions.
>

>What skill level are the characters up to?
>
>David Dunham
>Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html
>Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

W3 to W4 maybe a W5 in one case, so I portray them as heroes, recognised, feared and potent, with few equals and less superiors, associated with major events. Likewise the world is a bit fragile near them, the division between God planes and the middle world is getting thin and the Great Compromise under threat. It's interesting, though my Glorantha has very much varied.

Some 4 - 6 Hero Points at the end of each session and one at the start, even with a rule that every mastery past the first adds a HP cost, gets quite extreme.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...