Re: Interesting post on linking HQ advancement to values

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:09:32 +0100

It is really interesting. I agree about a lot of the ideas in the blog post. Part of them is already published in the variant rules you find in Nameless Streets (decoupling Hero Points from character advancement, giving HP for succumbing to Flaws), and another part are similar to other ideas I am working on for non-HQ games.

I notice ithe author also lies in the famous "HeroQuest II is Simulationist" camp. I recently read the discussion about "Illusionism in HeroQuest" you had last year on StoryGames, Ian, and found it funny. The definition the Forge gives of "Simulationism" may be accurate, but is certainly misleading if it includes HQ 2 and excludes Hero Wars ;)