Re: Uleria

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:24:14 +0200

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Greg Stafford wrote:

> But to the Heortlings I think Uleria, the power of raw and undigestible
> desire without intervention of anything else, is a demon.
> They only know her from the outside.

The Heortling myths that I have read about Uleria don't support this claim. Maybe they are Godlearnerised, but lust is not seen as Ulerias main thing. She is portrayed as the love that binds the world together, not as some demonic bitch. Uleria is present in many marriages(love) and she joins some young couples together. I think that identifying Uleria as lust is a Dara Happan thing (where she was first love then as the world started coming down, lust). IMHO to the Orlanthi she is still love and love is not something to be considered as demonic, especially for the Heortlings.

Olli Kantola

--
It's lovely to watch colorful shadows in the planets of the eternal light.
        -The Master