Vinga and Henna Soup

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:41:48 -0500

I heard a song at the recent filk con where the mothers of dryads were telling their daughters to drink up their henna soup, which would put that attractive red glint into their green hair.

Apparently (a) this works (b) the soup tastes disgusting. IMG there is now at least one clan that uses the stuff in its initiation rites for Vinga. Advantages are that it lasts longer (permanent? I seem to remember that even retired Vingans still have red hair), doesn't wash out, and ensures that 'collar and cuffs match'.

The perpetrator of the song is Talis Kimberley. Her band Mythical Beasts play alternative rock with strong fantasy influences and I think most readers of this list would enjoy them. See www.talis.net for more info - she's based in Bristol but is a frequent guest at cons in the US and Canada.

Andrew