Re: Digest Number 307

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:45:11 -0500

Thom Baguley wrote:

> > From: plarsen_at_...
> >Subject: Re: Re: Stand Alone Feats
> >Don't you have to join the sub/hero cult and pay your x% of time?
> Which
> >might be
> >worth it for an extra affinity or an especially nice feat, but not
> for
> >something
> >you can improvise.
> >
> >Peter Larsen
>
> Good question. IMO you can* worship a subcult or hero cult purely for
> its
> cool magic and gain a stand-alone feat. This is semi-implied in the
> main
> rules.
>
> * in some cases

Actually, I was not really referring to a stand alone feat -- I was thinking more along the lines of 'a feat that is a part of yoru affinity but is not generally known'

> In my game I restrict this to: gifts from a god (due to heroquest side
> effects etc.) and friendly shrines (which let you join in worship
> benefits
> without performing duties).
>
> Thom

That's sort of how we do it.

And our warband has a wyter which provides us all with a feat -- but then our wyter is a sort of forgotten thunderbrother who's VERY happy to be remembered at all. But we give hm the 10% as a part of our crusade against all those wrong-thinking meldek types.

Confound Spell is SO useful!

Jeff