Re: Ibex Moon Society

From: Nick_Brooke_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:57:46 -0000

Mikko asked:

> I hope not to offend anybody with this, but don't you people think
> that the Lunar tourist agency is discworld grade silly?

We found it handy to write our Rough Guide to Glamour as an official Lunar tourist propaganda handout (in draft we called it an "Etyrist" publication -- spoofing Intourist, the official tourist agency of the Sov**t Un**n; and of course, the cult of Etyries -- though this was edited out before publication).

The Ibex Moon as the external arm of Lunar tourism *sorta* works for me. I would prefer to be given more of a handle on their ideology and propaganda stance, but maybe the new-look Lunar Empire doesn't rely on these so much as the Sov**t Model we worked with (non-exclusively) for so many years.

They certainly appear to be the most overtly "silly" thing in the HW core rules, and are rather jarring as presented there -- maybe a soupcon of Geo's or Thunderbreath or Bisonburgers *in addition* would have given a more rounded impression?

I have nothing against "silliness" in Glorantha, and wish there was more of it feeding through into the new product line.

Cheers, Nick

PS: the "Rough Guide to Glamour" was a Reaching Moon publication, not a Hero Wars product. Rick Meints still lists it as "for sale" on his www.glorantha.co.uk website [shop / megashops], priced at £8.00.