Re: Bloodlines

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:36:46 -0000

I think that the larger bloodlines (several hundred adults according to TR page 26, which could mean between 500 and 800 individuals including children) are just too big to be considered family. Within bloodlines of that size, I see that there is an emotional (but not legal or magical) bond to a subgroup which is analogous to an extended family.

I suspect that bloodlines of this size only come into being in feudridden  clans where it is potentially too expensive (on the payment side and for the enforcement of penalties) to be a member of a small bloodline.

regards,
Charles