Re: Lunar Travel Agency

From: rexabean_at_...
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

G'day all,

This Hero Group was an absolute godsend for my campaign. Which was based on the idea of:

"Okay guys choose a bunch of characters from the prewritten stuff, try and keep it to a single Hero Band for consistency and then we will try out the system using the modules in the GM book. If we like it then we can go for a more serious campaign when the Sartar stuff is printed in 6 months time. We currently play fortnightly."

It would have helped if the prewritten characters were more balanced in power levels, but a bit of GM editing fixed that. Then the 6 - 7 players who finally joined up all chose from the 3 non-Darkness Hero Bands. Typical b****y roleplayers.

I have a young family so don't have time to write an epic and detailed campaign and we just wanted to get together to have fun twice a month exploring Glorantha.

The tourist group provides me with a reason for such a bunch of disparate PCs to hang out together whilst travelling all over Sartar doing the Rising Dark modules and playtesting Melisande's Hand for Issaries.

Phalinde is is charge, the 2 Orlanthi work for her as native guides, the other Lunar hunter is part of the travel agency, the Yelmie Uribus got roped into travelling with them, aided and abetted them in releasing a darkness demon and has been stuck with them as penance from Yelm until the demon is banished back to Hell. His moralising makes a good background noise to the more pragmatic other players.

The wizard "Guy of Nolos" charaacter was the son of the Lord in the Apple Grove adventure, sent out to recruit someone to solve the problem. He is not prepared to tell his father he has joined the Great Futurists (sound like Terran moonies to me) so he hangs out with the Lunar Travel Agency trying to convert Sartarites, to little effect.

What a mish-mash of unsuited characters. Just like the good old days of AD&D where the drow elf, the dwarf and the human barbarian stuck together ;-). However the Travel Agency idea has let it work with very little overt silliness as the Lunar Government now has them in their debt over a little accident with a Hazia grove and sends them wherever the GM wants. Unless they can stump up the 8000 Lunar fine to pay off the government (somehow any money they find just runs through their pockets like water, what with children to provide for, etc).

And if any Empire in Glorantha can economically justify such a service it is the Lunars. It is just like us Westerners going up into the hills of Thailand to live with the Hill tribes for a couple of days or a week. A <sarcasm on> fun excursion into poverty and exploitation and then back to our airconditioned hotel with all the creature comforts of home where we can forget about them <sarcasm off>.

Cheers, Andrew

Message sent by MyMail http://www.mymail.com.au/