Praxian distress

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:05:51 +0100

Third and last thread:

Orlanth is a major god, with many aspects and subcults.

Praxians have no gods, but spirits/ancestors. Their greatest spirit is dead (Genert). Their greater heroes are dead (Tada/Jaldon) and defeated by theri enemies. Their current greater spirit's father (Storm Bull) is wounded. Their current greater spirit (Waha) was a demigod in RQ terms, so absolutely less-powerful than a god, let alone a Great God. Their land is blasted and they have been recently defeated by the Lunars.

They should be VERY angry, depressed, magically-weak, pessimistic and hungry, as a consequence of the above. They should be on the verge of extinction, IMO. Yet, it looks as though one of the upsurging of the HW (Argrath WhiteBull and Argrath Sharpsword or the same guy) collected the first morcel of his power in Prax, from the Praxian nomads. How is this possible? Is this another old-conception construct that no longer can work? I suppose Prax is needing an urgent escamotage to avoid meeting HW extinction both in Glorantha and in our game. Do you agree?

Well, I am over. Sorry for this volley of posting, but I hope you coprehend that indigestion is a bad customer.

Ciao
Gian