Be gentle, he was once a friend

From: aop13_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:52:03 -0000

Jeff K:

> These excellent supplements are all _campaign_ settings. But RQ,
in
> and of itself, doesn't really enshrine any particular reason to go
> adventuring. HW, I find, does have this built into the rules with
> relationships and herobands.

Sorry but I really don't see any difference between my Lunar PCs in a RQ campaign receiving their orders from Lunar Intelligence (or more prosaic sources) and going off on the adventure, and Hero Wars PCs from a Lunar heroband getting their orders from wherever and heading off on the adventure. RQ is not without its long-term play problems, but `campaign scope' and 'campaign realism' are not among them.

The once revered RQ beast is already dead, there's no need to keep throwing rocks at the poor thing's corpse.

Michael W Beggs