Re: Plastic was Re: Children's magic

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:44:36 -0600

Greg Stafford says:

>The different worlds are exclusive of each other, overlapping in Glorantha
>(and the Hero Planes). The differences between spirits, gods and essences
>are not perceptive but actual.
>Human beings are nearly unique (OK, conscious beings in general) in that
>they DO have a choice of some sort and can be flexible.
>However, spirits, gods and essences can not.

        I don't find essences a problem, because they are pretty abstract (at least the "nature" essences), and they have to be summoned (i.e. undines aren't just wandering around loose in the ocean). But are you saying that every pool on the tula that has a daimon also may have a spirit? Or is it more a matter of theistic geographical areas tend to be friendly to daimons and drive out spirits, animistic geographical areas do the reverse, and sorcerous areas drive out both?

Peter Larsen