RE: The World Is Made of Everything

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:11:27 -0800

At 10:47 AM 2/22/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>From: Greg Stafford [mailto:Greg_at_...]
>> At 03:03 PM 2/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>> >...theists and animists are
>> >found there because that's the sort of power available?
>> Yes.
>
>Is it possible to change the sort of power available.
Yes, sort of.

>I'm
>exagerating here, but say an abundance of sorcerors moved
>into Prax,

Their presence, even with the thousands of hard core Malkioni that moved in with them, would not in itself alter the magical terrain.

>began shutting down the local animist worship and
THIS is the factor that can change the landscape. BUT it is dangerous. Sure, you can wipe out several stands of special trees becasue they are spirits or gods, and maybe you would not destroy the ecosystem, but when you destroy the spirit that inhabits those hills over there then the hills are dead. How much coverage does, for instance, that Mountain God have into the foothills, along the rest of the range, and into effects that we cannot fathom?
See the description of Arolanit.

>or was the type of power determined in the Godtime and fixed
>by the great compromise.

The Great Compromise fixed the world that we know. It can change,but only from the inside, and that is a very slow process.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>