Re: Plenty of reasons

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:35:22 -0000

Jeff Kyer

>These excellent supplements are all _campaign_ settings. But
>RQ, in and of itself, doesn't really enshrine any particular reason
>to go adventuring. HW, I find, does have this built into the rules
>with relationships and herobands.

IMO herobands are a step back to early scumy adventurer type campaigns special considering the examples given in the deluxe box. Of course if the introduction of these was to appeal to the gamers who play other games which have such things enshrined in them, then more power to the Issaries arm.

I ran a community based RQ for 6+ years without any real problems. Comparing HW relationships and community benefits and RQs lack of is silly and pointless as no attempt seemed to have been _officialy_ made to add these mechanics too RQ.

Although my next community campaign will be using HW I don't think I could ever have done without RQ

.