Re: Virtue

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:29:21 +0100

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com 01-02-23 07.34

>I think there's a bit that says, "Virtues can be taken as a part of
>the keyword at any value between 12 and (keyword level for your game,
>probably 17) -- they are useful to have and are often tested on Hero
>Quest but are not necessary.

Apart from the numbers, yes. I've assumed 17 since it's part of the magic keyword. (TR p.175)

IMHO, Great Orlanth's virtues are mostly ones that would seldom be tested mechanically. Exceptions: Brave and Pious (which is equal to "Initiate of" or "Devoted to" anyway). But some of the aspect and subcult virtues look like good fun. Vanganth is my favorite - "Daredevil" summons up images of parachuters and various 'extreme sports' types. ;-)

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg