Re: Clan description

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:05:13 -0000

And the Bush Range is not exactly under Lunar Control -- more like its interdicted.... Some sort of wooden wall is a distinct possiblity. Certainly around the central (chief's) steade -- though too much fortification gets noticed.

> > instead of Iron, there seem to currently be a shortage of
> > Blacksmiths...
> Orlanth still has Enchant Iron under Vingot[?] the Champion, just
not OA

Gustbran the Boneman, in ST, should have Enchant Iron. And most (many?) smiths are Bonemen. Though, IIRC, most clan's can't afford an ironsmith's services. That's done at the tribal centers and at the cities, really.

> Separate but within the main stead I think. The Urox you don't want
too
> close but you would not land them with another stead either would
you ?

It depends on how you integrate them into the social structure, I guess. Our Humakti aren't _all_ weaponthanes. Some are 'mere' warriors (they are the 4 winds of other weaponthanes, youngsters, etc). And what does a warrior do when he gets old? It does happen -- sometimes.

Uroxi probably wander, though I can see them taking service with a chief and making his stead loud, boisterous and very, very violent (unless the Chief is a bulltamer). There was a wonderful scenario & HQ about that in Tales -- I forget the author but it was a quite good writeup.

Jeff