Re: Glowdown

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:22:38 +1300

John Hughes

>What are the visual manifestations for someone entering the Glowline? Is it
>as simple as a red fuzziness that gradually permeates the sky, or something
>more complex?

         As I journeyed north through Dragon Pass there did appear
         a pinkish hue in the distance, laid like a thread on the
         horizon.  When I reached Glasswall, overlooking Dwarf
         Run, that night in the north was a sunset of blood.

         Once across the Bush Range, the glow becomes full and rich
         and warm, rising higher and higher into the sky.
                                 Cults of Prax p46

There's more about the rise of the moon but it's incorrect.

         From outside the Empire the glowline is seen as a faint
         red luminiscence, like a wall of red light that is
         entirely insubstantial.  Within it no visual effect
         occurs except that many people see a red nimbus around
         the black moon.
                                 HW:RiG p239

The glorantha:intro p130 mentions that "many can discern a crimson haze in the night sky" .

--Peter Metcalfe