Re: Obscurity in RuneQuest; map

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:40:07 -0800

David wrote

> The fact that people keep harping back to the "good old days" of RuneQuest 2
> should be recognized by HeroWars moderators/players.

I like RQ2 a lot, but keep in mind the context. A relevant quote: "The Golden Age of science fiction is 12." RQ2 and Glorantha were not only great in their own right, but they were the first brush with greatness for most players.

So are people using Hero Wars to introduce new players to Glorantha, so that in 20 years they can harp back to the good old days of first edition Hero Wars?

Nils

> > > Does anyone know if there is a non-annotated map of DP, just geographic
> > > features, in reasonable detail?
> > > The KODP one on the site would be fine if it were emptier. Any ideas?
>
> > Hmm, as I recall we originally posted the empty one. Perhaps it's
> > still hidden on the Issaries site...
>
> Even better, there is an annotated version:
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/new/images/MapDragonPass.jpg

I think he was asking for the version with no labels.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein