Re: Re: New Map of Empire

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:21:24 -0500

"Kevin P. McDonald" wrote: ?

> This ties into an older argument, also - "Is
> Dragon Pass the only place folks really want to
> play?" The more great stuff like this that comes
> out, the more playable other places become. "If
> you build it, they will come." :) Because of this,
> the Issaries publishing schedule make sense to me.
> Start with Dragon Pass, then add the Lunar Empire,
> and then the West. Each region opens new vistas of
> role-playing possibilities without breaking
> completely with the previously published stuff.
> Players keep asking "But what happens beyond
> *that* border?" Pretty cool.

A sort of 'Temple of the Reaching Supplement' effect... =)

> A final question: How are folks printing this map?
> I tried printing an 17"x22" version at the local
> print shop, and the result was pretty poor. My
> office color laser printer did *much* better, but
> only prints 8.5"x11". <sigh> How long before
> Issaries publishes the gazetteer? :)

I'm taking a copy of the .gif to a local t-shirt place and seeing what can be done with putting it on fabric. If you're printing it out, you'll need to have some really good dpi to get the same wonderful shading as you got on the computer screen.

Jeff