Sized of the Lunar Empire

From: markmohrfield_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:54:12 -0000

Earlier posts

>> I wanna join the Lunars. They are just so big. I had never realized it until
> now. My barbarian ways are wrong, where do I enlist ?<<

and

>>This was the reaction of my players to a slightly earlier (playtest) version of the Peloria map. They gathered around my (lame) printout and stared in wonder. It caused the players to gape at the size and scope of the Lunar Empire, and for the first time really begin to appreciate the diversity of the place. It was a great experience<<

This reminds me of something that I've been thinking of lately: are we really going to be able to get all the info for a place as large & diverse as the Lunar Empire into one Player's book? I'm of two minds on this, on one hand the Sartarites had theirs split into two volumes and they're just one culture were as the Lunars are many, and have a much higher population on top of that. On the other hand, the Sartarites could relativly easily be divided up between those who worshipped Orlanth and Ernalda and those who worshipped other gods, but I don't see any obvious way to divide up the Lunar book. True Lunar cults and local gods comes to mind, but that might make the "true Lunar" volume lack those local cultural details that we Glorantha grognards like so much. And on top of that we'll have to wait for even longer than September for complete(or more complete, anyway) information on the Empire.

Ok, the Lunar player's book isn't due out until September, so I'm getting way ahead of myself. That map just got my mouth watering.

                                         Mark Mohrfield