Lunars are Big!

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:53:43 -0000

On the map, there's a well-written scene in Steven Pressfield's "Gates of Fire" when a Phoenician ship's captain slowly unrolls a map of the Persian Empire to show the Spartans what they're up against. All the places they've ever been to are on the first little bit of map...

Bryan thought:

> It would seem to me that the best option would be mostly focus on the
> most easily accessed from Dragon Pass regions and on the core religions,
> giving at least some useable depth to them. Then if the demand is good
> they could follow up with a borderlands book or something. (although
> personally I find the various borderlands regions the most fascinating).

Rather than focus on the regions accessible from Dragon Pass, maybe the focus should be on character generation keywords, government and temple and regiment organisation, cultural manifestations of the Empire, etc. for the kinds of Lunars who come to Dragon Pass? Not Dara Happan paddy-workers, Carmanian serfs and Darsen Earth Women but Red Moon Missionaries, proud troopers of the Granite Phalanx, and the iron hand of the Imperial Government.

(The fact that this is the kind of Lunar Book I would always have lobbied for myself is neither here nor there).

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_at_...>
Nick
:::: Website: <http://www.etyries.com>